Hello beautiful creatures!
Before Spring comes to an end, I thought I would show you ladies my go-to spring makeup routine. I don't sport this eye look everyday because I love my neutral eyeshadows and I usually just wear a one cream eyeshadow on a daily basis. It is also easier to get my makeup done and dusted, instead of fluffing around with the blending of the different eyeshadows (you know the feels right, makeup lovers?). However, I do love the pop of colour on this eye-look which is quite fun and you can never go wrong with a bright coral red lippy for spring.
Let's get rollin'!
1. Not priming is a makeup crime for me. It helps keep your makeup in place for the day and smooth out your pores. It also acts like a canvas/base for the foundation.
2. Depends on your own personal preference, I always do my brows in the beginning. I brush them through with the brush then fill them in with the pencil. I then go over them with an eyebrow gel to set them in place. Tip: If your hair is dark, go a shade or two lighter on your brows and vice versa, if you have lighter hair, go a shade or two darker.
3. Time to conceal those designer bags! I also like to highlight under the eyes, down the nose and chin as well.
4. My current HG foundation is the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. It makes my skin look flawless which gets two thumbs up from me. I like how it's semi dewy, which gives a healthy glow to my complexion. A little goes a long way with this foundation and depends on the method of applying it, you can get a sheer to full coverage.
5. If I don't powder my face afterwards, my face WILL shine bright like a diamond and not the good kind. So to avoid that, I apply powder to ze T-zone. I have gone through so many of the Dream Matte powder...so much love for it!
6. For spring and summer time, it's time to pretend to look like a bronze goddess. I usually just do the "E" motion on both sides of my face.
7. I have quite a large face so to give an illusion of a smaller face (and nose), I like to contour. Time to do the fish face... how flattering, right? But it does the trick.
8. For the cheeks, I've been really liking using a soft pink, peachy blush by Canmake- just to add a subtle color on the cheeks.
9. To give myself a healthy glow, I like to highlight my cheekbones and sometimes on my cupid's bow just to make my lips look fuller. It's kinda pointless, cause it gets rubbed off anyway..
10. For the base of the eyes, I like to use a pink cream shadow then go over it with a shimmery pink powder eyeshadow. Then, I use a matte brown shadow for the crease to blend the eyeshadows together.
11. For the bottom lash-line, I use a aqua color, then I went over it with a purple eyeshadow. I really like the two-tone effect that it gives. I also highlighted the inner corners of my eyes with the pink cream eyeshadow stick. Under my brow bone, I use the Mary-Lou Manizer. Note: I should've applied a white eyeliner on my waterline to make the colours pop even more but I forgot. Oops.
12. Time to make my eyes look somewhat even with the eye-liner. I've been loving lining my eyes horizontally rather than winging it upwards. Then I apply a couple of coats of mascaras. I personally don't put any mascara on my bottom lashes because it looks funky on my eyes for some odd reason. Not cute. After that, a step that I never ever skips is tight-lining. It makes such a difference!
Apply some lip balm..
13.Then BAM! I love me some bright coral watermelon- red lippy. I love this lip stain balm so much not only because it's a gorgeous color, but also because I'm lazy when it comes to re-applying my lipstick. The colour doesn't fade for so long. Happy days!
Face of Australia HD Primer
Nude by Nature Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette
Etude House Color My Brows brow gel
Loreal Lumi Magique Concealer
Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation
Maybelline Dream Matte powder
The Body Shop Honey Bronzer
Loreal Glam Bronze La Terra Bronzer
Canmake Cheek & Cheek blush in Peach Petal
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
Covergirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in 340
Revlon single eyeshadow in Seafoam
Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Purple Obsession
Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner
Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof liner in Stingray
Maybelline Falsies Volume Express mascara
Maybelline Eyeshadow Quad in Designer Chocolates
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Edge Meister
Chi Chi Elegant Palette
Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm in 600 On Fire
That's a wrap!
What are some of your makeup essentials for spring and summer?