HAPPY MONDAY PRETTIES!
Today I have a fun little nail art to share with you all. This is a collaboration with the lovely, Christie from Christies' Take On Life. She will be showing you how to create the splatter manicure. Whereas, I will be showing you girlies how to achieve a fun and colourful, water colour nail art. I am currently obsessed with this particular nail art. It's so pretty to look at and it reminds me of the Paddle Pop rainbow ice-cream. The colour scheme I chose for this consists of pastel colours which is perfect for this Spring season. This design is super easy to do- you don't need to be Monet to be able to do this. Let's begin!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Your choice of nail polishes (I recommend using maximum of four colours, otherwise it gets too much for the eye balls)
- White nail polish is a must
- Acetone is the secret ingredient for this nail art (If you don't have acetone, your nail polish remover will do the job too)
- A piece of aluminium foil to use as a palette for the nail polishes
- A small brush
- A nail polish remover cotton pad to clean the brush
- Top coat
1. Prep your nails. Remove any residue, file your nails, apply a base coat..you know the drill.
2. Apply an opaque coat of white nail polish. This will make the colours pop.
3. Now, dip your brush into the acetone/nail polish remover. Then dip it into your first nail polish colour.The acetone will thinned out the nail polish, which will make it more of the water colour consistency you are after. Brush on your first colour on all of your nails. When you're ready to apply the second colour, clean the brush on the nail polish remover cotton pad.
4.. Then repeat step three for the second colour but apply in a different direction (either horizontally or vertically). Be spontaneous with it.
5. Keep going until you're done with applying all of the colours. Feel free to go back with any colour for touch ups.
6. Almost done! Just apply your favourite top coat over your nail art design. The top coat will blend all the colours together, which will help make it looking less streaky and adds a beautiful shine.
Voila!! Your Monet inspired masterpiece is complete!