Hi lovelies! Today's post will be on the topic 4 of the 2014 Blogger Challenge. We were asked to discuss about high-end versus high-street products. I decided to put together a high-end makeup wishlist that I've been lusting over.
Being a full-time Uni student- soon to move out of home, and wanting to travel, budgeting is my game. I can't afford to buy designer clothes nor buying high-end makeup all of the time. Another thing is, makeup is definitely not cheap in Australia. So, I've always opted for using drugstore makeup instead. I've found some great quality drugstore products that I think can be comparable to high-end makeup. Anyways every once a while, I do like to splurge a little and treat myself to some goodies and these high-end goodness that I'm about to mention are on my wishlist to get my hands on one day..
Made on Polyvore
- NARS Laguna Bronzer ($55 AUD)- I'm sure many of you know about this bronzer or even own one yourself. I WANT it! I've seen so many beauty gurus used this in their videos and their face looked gorge. It seem like it gave a nice warmth to the skin without it looking muddy or too orange at all.
- NARS Orgasm Blush ($45 AUD)- Okay..can we just get over the name first. Nars seem to be great at coming up with some cheeky names for their blushes. Imagine asking someone, "Can you give me an orgasm...blush for my birthday?" Cue the awkward silent! That wouldn't end well..[Side note: yes, that is a very unlikely scenario]. I've swatched this prettiness at Mecca Cosmetica and I was captivated by the beautiful color that it gave. Ugh, I just want to slap it onto my face..
- BOBBI BROWN Blush in 06 Apricot ($44 AUD)- Ingrid (Missglamorazzi) and Estee (Essiebutton) had spoke highly of this blush and it looked amazing on them. It seem like a nice pop of rosy apricot color that would also give a nice glow to the cheeks.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer ($35 AUD)- Of course, another Nars product. This product in particular have been raved about by many people from both the blogger sphere and YouTube land. It seem like a must have product in every girls' makeup collection. I've heard that it's not only great for concealing under eyes circles but also great for any blemishes that you may have on your face. I need this baby in my life ASAP!
- LORAC PRO Palette- I think this palette can only be purchased online in Australia? Not entirely sure. However, this seem like the perfect palette to have. It has beautiful colors ranging from lights hues to darker shades for dramatic smokey eyes. I love that the top row shadows are all matte whilst the bottom row of shadows are shimmery. There are so many different look you can create from this one palette. Perfect for travelling too!
- DIOR Lash Pumping Serum- I first discovered this product from the lovely, Meghan Rosette on YouTube. I love the pictures she post on instagram, her eyes always catches my attention. She has really long, voluminous, pretty eyelashes that I envy. Then, she revealed her secret of of her big lashes by using this Lash Pumping Serum. Want Va Va Voom Lashes? Dior is the word.
- CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation ($68+ AUD)- Chanel. Drool. Again, heard some great reviews on this foundation. It's a light-weight foundation, which is great. It seem like it's easy to blend out and staying power is also good. Ahh too bad for the expensive price tag. Chanel- 1 Me- 0.
- HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Powder ($62 AUD)- This highlighting powder look absolutely gorgeous. I bet it will look even better on the face, when used correctly to highlight different areas. Hopefully if I do purchase this, I'll get my money's worth.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish ($47 AUD)- Everyone seem to have used it and loved it. It looks really pretty and not too heavy. The powder seemed to be finely milled.
- BENEFIT Rockateur Blush ($50 AUD)- First of all, can we take some time to appreciate Benefit's packaging. They're so darn cute and pretty. The color of this blush is just gorgeous. Helloo, who doesn't like rose gold?! I cannot wait to get this. Give it to me baby, uh huhh, uh huhh!
Let me know what some of your high-end product that is on your wishlist!